Friday, January 13, 2012

Not Much to Say

I don't really have anything to say today. It's a little surprising, because I just finished my first week of teaching, but maybe that's why. I've said all of my intelligent thoughts for the week. I really need to be sure I journal about this week somehow because I probably won't remember it all when it comes times for journals to be turned in at midterm. I think I've set myself up for a lot of work this semester, between the teaching and the classes and the paper writing, but I'm sure I can do it. I keep telling myself that I did that stupid 18 credit semester in undergrad, I can do this.

In so many ways I miss undergrad, though I suppose at the same time I wouldn't go back. I like many of the dpfriends that I have now and I like that I'm more mature than I was then. I guess part of me really longs for a time when I'm married and published and have tenure at some university and life doesn't change so utterly every few years. I know that the change never stops, but it'd be nice if it would slow down a little. If the biggest change I had to worry about we're the sesquicentennial (that's evey five years, yeah?) changes of the Moden Language Association I think that would be okay with me. I'm not real big on change. It actually gives me a lot of anxiety. It's funny that sometimes I will be very unhappy with various aspects of my life as they are, but the idea of actually changing things scares the crap out of me. I am even physiologically (sp?) opposed to change. I have non-allergic rhinitis, which basically means that whenever the weather changes, my nose runs. It's exactly as fun as it sounds.

Wow. I guess I had more to say than I thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment