I don't really have a "type." I really like all types. I'm not partial to tall guys or short guys (since I'm under 5'4" myself, it doesn't take a lot to be taller than me). I think that skinny guys are attractive, and guys that are a little bulkier. I like blond hair, brown hair, long hair and no hair. I like guys that are smart and a little geeky (I LOVE Stewart from The Big Bang Theory) but at the same time I have a thing for those guys that I call a little "meathead." All in all it's not so much about any particular attribute, but about the way the attributes come together.
But here's the problem with not having a type: Even though a lot of guys fit into the type because the type is something resembling "anything goes," there's always something missing. No matter what attributes can be checked off from the list, there are a lot more attributes that cannot be checked off the list. A guy can't be blond with long hair and bald at the same time. He can't be skinny and a "meathead" (just trust me, he can't). So the problem is, even when a guy is great and fabulous, and has a bunch of the stuff that I'm looking for and everything, there's always stuff missing. There's always the what-if. There's always the question of what happens if you're seeing him, engaged to him, married to him and then you meet the other guy. The opposite guy. The one that fills in a bunch of the other attributes.
But what about the guy that fits everything on the list, or at least enough that I don't have to worry about the opposite guy coming alone? Well, Chuck Bartowski doesn't really exist, so so much for that plan.
No comments:
Post a Comment