Sunday, January 15, 2012

I Want to Date a Football Player

I have recently developed this fantasy of dating a football player. I don't know where's it's come from. In many ways I feel like I'm coming to this fantasy late in life. I never had this fantasy in high school (probably because we didn't have a football team) and I didn't have it in college even though I love Michigan Football. I don't know what has triggered it now. Maybe I'm having it now because my psyche thinks that I've missed some essential part of adolescent development and so it's trying to make up for it. I don't know. 

The fantasy usually begins at a benefit for Mott's Children's Hospital. I'm there because I work with a Non-Profit Organization that is putting an AMAZING library in the hospital. The football player is there because he, too, is a Michigan alum and he has a charity that is for the kids at the hospital. Since the benefit will go for both of our charities, we are both speakers of a sort for the event and so we're sitting next to each other at the table for the dinner. It's a formal event, and I'm wearing one of those awesome dresses that I wish I had the money to buy and an event to wear it to. There is going to be dancing later I think.

Anywho, the football player and I get to talking and he's dazzled by my dedication to what I love (reading and helping give people the opportunity to learn to read) and my sense of humor and my intelligence (hey! It's my fantasy). And so we talk all through dinner, and then we give our talks, and then we dance, we kiss, we schmooze, we go home happy (Not really on the kissing part, but that's the only line I actually remember from Disney's Hercules). At the end of the night he asks if I was interested in going out sometime and for my number. I give it to him.

We go out and everything is going well. Eventually we get spotted by some tabloids and they wonder who I am and they put me on the cover of their magazine for while, trying to figure out who the average looking blonde dating the hunky football player is. They'll find the worst pictures of me they possibly can, and my hunky football player boyfriend will get all mad and we'll go on The Today Show and he'll brag about me and tell the tabloid people to be nice to me. 

And we'll live happily ever after.

No comments:

Post a Comment