Boys are a weird. I know I'm not alone in this thought, I know. And I suppose that girls are pretty weird too, just in our own way. For example, here are some of the boys in my life right now (and by in my life I mean surrounding me and breathing the same air as me, not anything more than any of that).
First there's Brad. That's not his real name, though he kinda' looks like a Brad. He's the guy that I look at and I think, I should be attracted to you, but I'm not. In many ways, on paper, I think that we might be a good couple, and I get the feeling that if I were to encourage him at all he'd go for it, but I'm not interested. At all. I don't get it.
Mark, also not his real name, was declared the "Ryan Reynolds of the English Department" not too long ago. We're okay friends but he described another girl as his "sorta girlfriend I guess I dunno." Whatever that means.
Sam, not his real name (in case you didn't guess), was "claimed" by a friend of mine from day one (though I don't think that she's done anything about it).
Ned, who really does look quite a bit like a Ned even though that's not his name, is married. I was developing all kinds of great ideas in that minute before I saw the wedding band.
Joe, engaged.
And then there's Edwin. Edwin and I don't live near each other, and we don't know each other that well, but we reply to each other's posts on facebook and whatnot (this is a person that I actually met in person before we were fb friends and we're related to people who are related so this isn't anything creepy, I promise). A while back I prayed that if God wanted Edwin and I to be a couple (or if Edwin was even interested in me at all) that Edwin would talk to me on fb chat. Thus far, it hasn't happened. Part of me wants to start a chat with him (though I have no idea what about) but I keep telling myself that I don't want to do that if it's not God's will for my life (or if Edwin isn't interested). But sometimes it's hard.
No comments:
Post a Comment