Saturday, January 14, 2012

I want to be a photographer

Today I have decided to become a photographer. I think I will max out my credit card on fancy expensive camera equipment and photoshop. I will even buy an expensive large screen Mac to go with all of my new equipment. 

Why? Why have I suddenly decided to become a photographer?

I've always been a storyteller. Most of the time I've been a writer and I love writing. I love writing down the stories that come to my imagination. 

But sometimes a beautiful mental image comes to my mind and I don't know how to describe it; I don't know how to turn the picture in my head into words on the page. I don't know how to turn one scene into a full story. I suppose I could do more with flash fiction or short-short stories, but when I don't know how to describe it, it doesn't really work very well. 

I would love to do wedding couple pictures. They wouldn't even have to be real. It would be fun to do fake weddings of different sorts. To get dresses from re-sale shops and put my friends (and even attractive strangers) in them. 

I have this image in my head of a guy dressed like Orlando Bloom in this photo (though not exactly) (I will upload this picture tomorrow as I cannot find it online at the moment). The groom in my imagination is dancing with my bride. He's got his sleeves rolled up, revealing full tattoo sleeves on at least one arm. He's got an attractive short haircut and maybe earrings and he's so in love with his new wife. 

I want to take that picture.

I want to have all the props that go with taking the wedding pictures I see on Pinterest. The ampersand and all of the numbers to string together for save-the-date cards.

I want to do themed save-the-dates and wedding pictures and themed imaginary weddings. I don't care if I'm not in love with the theme enough to make my wedding a themed wedding, I want to do them. I want to create! 

I want to take pictures!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment