Maybe I'm thinking about this because I just read about the intentional fallacy for Lit. Crit. tomorrow (which I'm not entirely sure I agree with, but that's so not the point of this story) but as I think about what I've been blogging about over the past 20 days I'm more than a little surprised.
I expected, when I started blogging, that I would talk most of the time about my students and my class and all that has been going on in there. And I suppose I could talk about that. I have several really good students. I have a few that I'm rather worried about. I had my first observation on Friday and it went really well. I think that my class is going the direction that I want it to, though first drafts of their first paper are only just now coming in, so that could opinion could change in the next few days.
But in many ways over the past 20 days (really the last 7 days) my life has changed in a way that I didn't expect, and now I find that that is taking over more of my thoughts, and therefore more of my blogging energy.
What's funny is that I was afraid that my blog would become redundant talking about the problems with teaching (and there have been some, but not as many as I anticipated - but like I said, first draft is still coming - and they have not been in the areas that I expected). But now I grow afraid that perhaps I'm beginning to sound like that girl that all she can think about is boys (it's not all I think about, but I think it just takes up a large amount of my creative energy, and thus it gets the most writing time).
Anyway, the point of this was, isn't it funny the way things don't go the way that we plan. Isn't it funny that I intended this to be a blog more about my first year in teaching and discovering if this was what I really want to do and whatnot (and thus far I'm thinking yes, but first draft...) and instead it's become about something else in so many ways.
What I think may be even more interesting, though, is that in some ways, other things are going somewhat like I thought (because planned is too strong of a word) and I find that really weird too.
So maybe the point of this entry (which, appropriately enough, is not going as I intended) is that life is just weird.
No comments:
Post a Comment