Craziest morning in a long time.
We had three academy girls stay with us last night because they're playing for church tomorrow.
My mom realized at 7:15 that they were supposed to be at the church at 7:00.
It was around that time that we discovered that they didn't have to be at the same place even. So we decided that I would take one of the girls to the nearest church and my mom would take the other girls to the church that was farther way (about fifteen minutes from where we live).
So I pulled on clothes that were just enough to not super-embarrass me if I got stopped or something and got into the car. That was when I realized that my brother had left about three drops of gas in the car. I wasn't sure that I was going to get into town, much less back home.
About halfway to town the girl that was with me realized that her instrument was in the van that was at the other church. She hoped that someone had thought to grab it, but once we reached the church it became clear that no one had. I would have called my mom (already at the other church) but her cell phone was dead, so it would have been pointless.
So I took her to get her cello. First, though, we had to stop and get gas, even though I was dressed as I was, and we were running late, and it was Sabbath morning.
We then flew over to the other town, and then flew back, with my mom calling me every few minutes (because she got home and realized that I wasn't home and realized that something must have gone wrong) even though I kept telling her that I could only go as fast as the car in front of me.
I dropped her off 12 minutes before the service was supposed to begin.
No comments:
Post a Comment